Thursday, February 1, 2018

Boy Play

This article is very informative, and I am very glad that I read it. I never knew that the Afghanistan soldiers that we were in an alliance with sexual abused young boys every day. The whole thing being called Bacha Bazi, literally meaning boy play is so messed up. I bet that this tradition will last for a very long time because just like sexual abuse cases in the united states most cases when someone is sexually abused the abuser had been abused when they were younger and are now channeling that into abusing others.


I think that if I were in the same shoes as the American marines that were there hearing the bacha bazi happening I would have been so uncomfortable living there that I would have had to do something about it.  If I were them I would have went from a country where it is illegal to have sexual relations with a 17-year-old boy if you are 18 and now there are 30,40, even 50-year-old men that sexual abuse young boys daily. If I were in the shoes of these soldiers there would have been a lot more “accidental friendly fire.” There is so much psychological trauma associated with sexual abuse I bet that most of the boys turn basically into zombies and then when they get older they start playing the game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment